Saturday, 12 October 2019

Day 15 - Saturday 12th October

Today we would be travelling home to Sydney. Our Qantas flight was due to leave Perth at 11:45am and we had to return our hire car to Avis by 10am. We wanted to allow plenty of time for problems such as traffic and so I set my alarm for 4:45am and we left the guesthouse at 5:45am.

Despite the roadworks at various points along the way, we made good time and we reached the Avis depot at about 9:15am. The depot is close to Terminal 3 and we walked through that terminal to reach Terminal 4 for our check-in. We were very conscious of Suzy having to walk that far with her sore foot.

Since we were flying business class, there was no queue for check-in. It looked like economy passengers had to do a self-serve check-in. We found the Qantas lounge and had two hours to relax before the flight.

The seating in business class was different from what I had expected. The seats were big and comfy but did not have much legroom. I wanted to sit in the window seat so I could take photos but it was an effort to slide across there. Anyway, I got photos as we left Perth and as we landed in Sydney.

Soon after we took off, they served us a very nice lunch with a nice Shiraz. They had free wifi on board.

I was surprised how short the flight was: just 3h 40m. We overheard a hostess telling someone that the flight in the other direction (Sydney to Perth) takes more than five hours. Apparently the difference has something to do with tail winds.

When we landed and were getting ready to leave the plane, I realised that Senator Arthur Sinodinos had been sitting in the same row as us on the other side of the aisle. He was chatty and friendly.

The taxi ride got us home at about 7:15pm to a very excited welcome from Milo.

No comments:

Post a Comment